Friday, January 20, 2012

Baffle







My word is baffled. The definition of this word means to to confuse, bewilder, or perplex. The original concept for my still image was the back of a confused person, overlooking a confusing scenario. The original scenario was supposed to be a labyrinth. The original concept for the video was to have a sequence of images, which resembled or showed events that puzzled the human brain, and ‘baffled’ you. I chose to put still images of pacman, flash mobs, and labyrinth. As time went on, I realized some of these clips became harder to find, so I decided on taking and shooting clips of people walking, mazes, and traffic jams, because those were much easier to find. The image I used for my still, is Alison, with her arms out in distraught, overlooking a sea of cars. This picture describes baffle because to me, a confusing scenario many people find themselves in, are traffic jams. With this, I took a picture of one of the busiest, most crowded highways in the world, and added the back of a confused looking Alison. My video consists of a sequence of clips. It starts off with people walking, and over the course of the video the people walking keep turning, as if they’re walking a labyrinth. The 30 second video also consists of traffic, a rush of people, more traffic, birds in flight, and other confusing events. The video ends with the people from the same people, walking, and stopping. I added a ‘heartbeat’ sound to the video which builds suspend and makes you wonder what’s going to happen, and when nothing happens, you end up confused. I think my video and still image relate, because throughout the video there are many many clips of traffic jams, and because the still image itself is a traffic jam, they tie together. The technical process for this project was a long and tiring one. But it did teach me a lot. It taught me how to properly use a D3100 and how to upload the pictures onto iPhoto. I’m very happy with the way my project turned out. I think my video and still image show the definition of my word properly. If I had more time, I would have maybe added a better soundtrack to my video, or gathered my clips, and spend a little more time on my still image, but I really am happy with the way my project turned out.
Enjoy J

No comments:

Post a Comment